Thank you so much to Katie Eadie for this helpful information on what to pack for a day in the parks!
Going to Walt Disney World can be so much fun, but in my opinion, it’s good to be prepared for the long day ahead! That’s why it’s important to me and my trip to have the right things in your park bag. Not everyone chooses to carry a backpack, and that’s okay, but when I go and have my kiddos, it’s important to me to keep all the essentials in a bag that they will need! And if you’re in Disney and have a cute Disney Bag, it’s even better!
If you do decide to carry a park bag, it’s important to not over pack it with things you don’t need! Here’s a list of 10 things I put in mine:
1. Ziploc Bag: I talked about this in another post, but Ziploc Bags are good for everything! Wet clothes, keeping things from getting wet, leftover snacks, etc. One thing I have always done is pack a gallon Ziploc bag with an extra pair of socks for everyone that way if your shoes and socks get wet on a Splash Mountain, you at least have a fresh new pair of DRY socks!
2. Baby Wipes: They’re good for everything! Sticky hands and faces, wiping up some ice cream someone might have spilled on a bench, even for a little refreshing cool down on a hot summer day!
3. Hand sanitizer: Because germs are EVERYWHERE! Use this!
4. Band-Aids: Accidents happen! Boo boos happen! Blisters happen! Band-Aids are your best friend! And I’m sure you can find some cute Disney ones to make the boo boo heal faster because the Band-Aid is obviously more magical if it’s Disney. ☺
5. Gum: Because Disney doesn’t sell it, so if you want it, you have to bring it!
6. Portable Charger: Good for charging your phone up to make sure you have enough battery to take pictures of EVERYTHING!
7. Chapstick and Sunscreen: That Florida Sun is HOT! Sunscreen is a must to keep your skin healthy and safe!
8. Light Jacket: For the evenings if it gets chilly.
9. Snacks: Snacks at Disney are expensive unless you’re on the dining plan, so it’s always a good idea to bring some extras just in case! We like to pack things like goldfish, trail mix, granola bars, and more easy stuff that is just grab and go!
10. Small Fan: We always find small battery operated fans at Walmart to keep in our bags for those hot afternoons! And the ones that are mist fans, are even better!