A big thank you to Molly Davis for putting together this awesome information and Suzanne Sevier for the pictures!
Now More than Ever. That is the phrase used to describe all things Disney and how NOW more than EVER is going to be the time to visit all of the Disney theme parks! Marvelous Mouse Travels had the great opportunity to visit the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, and learned about all of the latest and greatest updates and what is to come in the next couple of years for all things Disney.
Special thanks to Suzanne Sevier for sharing her pictures from the D23 Expo!
Disneyland: Anaheim, California
Disneyland will be getting a new parade called, “Magic Happens,” featuring new floats, an all-new musical soundtrack, characters than have never been in parades before (including Moana, Cocoa, which are just to name a few!) This will debut in Spring of 2020!
Disney California Adventure: Anaheim, California
The Avengers Campus will feature the first Spiderman attraction. Guests will be able to slink webs just like Spiderman. The Pym Test Kitchen as well as Ant Man and the Wasp will also be part of Avengers Campus and guests will have the opportunity to meet characters along with Black Panther, Thor, Ironman, and others as part of their meet and greet! The WEB (World Wide Engineering Brigade) will allows guests to play and create new inventions including the web slinger vehicle. These features will also be available at Disneyland in Paris, France!
Disney’s California Adventure will also be getting an all new E-ticket attraction where guests will be able to fly to Wakanda!
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
Disneyland’s castle in Hong Kong will not be inspired by any of the princesses, rather instead they will be inspired by the heroines. This castle will be called Castle of Magical Dreams.
Hong Kong will also get 2 new Frozen themed attractions! One of these will be a near clone of Maelstrom at Walt Disney World’s Epcot.
Walt Disney World: Orlando, Florida
Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort has announced that Cirque du Soleil is back with a live action show inspired by Disney animation. The classic Disney characters will interact with live performers of Cirque du Soleil. This show will also feature a soundtrack that will compliment the acrobatics and stunts being performed. This show begins previews on March 20, 2020 and will open to the public on April 17, 2020.
The Disney Skyliner will open on September 29th.
The 50th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort will take place in all 4 parks in 2021.
Disney Genie is a new digital offering coming to Walt Disney World. This feature will suggest options and attractions based on your likes and preferences and can be changed on demand. This will debut in late 2020.
Reflections: A Lakeside Lodge and Resort will open as a reimagined classic country lodge. It will feature various hotel rooms like A-Framed villas and tree houses, and the first of its kind “Princess and the Frog” themed restaurant.
Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Hotel will be available for 2 days and 2 nights. It will immerse adults and children in the world of Star Wars and include a new attraction where guests will face a training robot that fires lasers while guests wield lightsabers. Guests will also be able to access the bridge of Halcyon and pilot it.
Epcot will receive its biggest reconstruction EVER attempted for a Disney park! Epcot will be divided into 4 new neighborhoods including World Discovery, World Celebration, World Nature, and World Showcase.
World Showcase: Celebrates culture, cuisine, and traditions.
- In the China pavilion, a new film called “Wondrous China” will take guests on a journey across the country filmed and presented in a 360-degree digital format.
- “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” will debut in 2020 in the Canada pavilion featuring a new story.
- France will now have two films called “Impressions de France” and a “Beauty and the Beast” sing along that will debut in January 2020. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will open in Summer of 2020, where you will shrink to the size of Chef Remy and race through Gusteau’s restaurant. A new restaurant will also open in the France pavilion called La Creperie de Paris, which will offer both table and quick service options.
- The United Kingdom pavilion will feature its first attraction inspired by Mary Poppins. You will go back in time and walk down Cherry Tree Lane and enter Number 17, which is the home of the Banks family, where you will begin your adventure.
- In 2020, “HarmonioUS” will debut as the largest nighttime show in Disney’s history. This will follow the limited time run of “Epcot Forever.”
World Celebration: World Celebration will offer new experiences that connect us to one another and the world around us.
- A new 3-tiered festival pavilion will be added. The pavilion will be the perfect place for live events and the home base for Epcot’s signature festivals. It will provide a stunning elevated view of the entire park and an ideal spot to witness Epcot’s nighttime spectacular. This three-level structure will have amazing designs featuring a plaza level, a middle expo level, and a park that sits in the sky on the top level.
- Spaceship Earth will remain in its iconic location, but will be reconstructed to include new scenes, different narrations, a new guide, and different exit locations. Dreamers Point will also host a new statue of Walt Disney as you exit Spaceship Earth. This will also feature a garden, wishing tree, and an interactive fountain.
World Discovery: Stories about science, technology, and intergalactic adventure are brought to life.
- Guardians of the Galaxy coaster which is currently under construction at Epcot, will be called “Cosmic Rewind” featuring the first backwards launch coaster for any Disney park!
- Mission Space will add a new restaurant called Space 2020. This restaurant is currently already under construction and expected to open Winter 2019.
- The Play Pavilion will feature Huey, Dewey, and Louis in a water balloon fight attraction. This will open in 2021.
World Nature: Dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty of the natural world. This will include the Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilion.
- Awesome Planet will open in January 2020 to showcase the beauty, diversity, and story of Earth.
- The Moana attraction called “Journey of Water” will open and teach guests about the water cycle and why it is important to be saving our water resources.
Disney Stores: Nationwide
The Disney Store will be coming to 25 different Target stores! Various Disney products will now be available at select Target stores and will also be available on Target’s website.
Disney Cruise Lines
Disney Cruise Line’s new second private island will be called Lighthouse Point on Eluthera in the Bahamas. Disney will create a new experience that preserves the natural environment and culture. Disney will work with local artists on the island to create the artwork. It will be a place unlike any other!
Disney Cruise Line’s new ship will be called Disney Wish. The 3-story atrium will be inspired by Disney fairytales and will sail in January 2022. The character on the stern will be Rapunzel. Disney has helped grant over 150,000 wishes, which coincides with the name of the new Disney ship. Nearly 1 in 3 wishes are Make a Wish grants for Disney!
Ready to book your next trip to a Disney destination? Now more than ever is the time to visit, especially in the next coming years! Make sure to e-mail Contactus@marvelousmousetravels.com for a free quote!